Chris returned from the Rio Olympics 2016 with a successful campaign – three swimmers – three medals; with his swimmers winning more medals at the 2017 World Championships.
- Australian swim team coach 2016, 1017 and 2018.
- Currently head coach at USC Spartans high performance swim program
- 20 years successful coaching experience with club programs
- Four consecutive years as a Dolphin national team coach
- USA college program coach – NCAA
(five years University of Hawaii)
- Coached successfully at all levels – from babies to Olympic medallists
- Pending platinum coach status.
On the 30th April 2018 our co-Director Jan Cameron sadly passed away.
Jan’s experience and knowledge were vast, with veteran swim coach, Bill Sweetenham dubbing Jan as “the Godmother of Swimming in Australia and New Zealand”.
Jan has left a wonderful legacy at Flinders Aquatic Academy, which has been born out of not only many years of experience, but an absolute passion for the sport, and the importance of a harmonious and nurturing pathway.
It is clear to us all at FAA that we must honour this process to its fullest in memory of Jan.
Every day her Philosophy rings out to us, and we will continue to fulfil her vision here at our Buderim facility, by providing services to the Sunshine Coast swimming community, which becomes a skill for life.
Jan Cameron was an Olympic silver medallist, and enjoyed a long and successful career as a coach. More recently Jan was the Australian Paralympic swim team coach in 2016 and returned from the Rio Paralympics where seven of her swimmers competed successfully – one silver medal and six finalists.