The Flinders Aquatic Academy is led by Olympic coaches Chris Mooney and Jan Cameron.
The program incorporates a long-term developmental strategy involving a pathway of technical skills in an enjoyable, positive environment with regular assessments and feedback.
We offer regular opportunities for each child to maximise his or her potential. We also take pride in our ability to deliver early childhood and water safety skills and teaching, with staff incorporating the latest teaching methods. All staff have the latest qualifications, Blue Cards and ongoing professional development.
Chris returned from the Rio Olympics 2016 with a successful campaign – three swimmers – three medals; with his swimmers winning more medals at the 2017 World Championships.
- Australian swim team coach 2016
- currently head coach at USC Spartans high performance swim program
- 20 years successful coaching experience with club programs
- four consecutive years as a Dolphin national team coach
- USA college program coach – NCAA
(five years University of Hawaii)
- coached successfully at all levels – from babies to Olympic medallists
- pending platinum coach status.
Jan Cameron is an Olympic silver medallist (Australian Paralympic swim team coach 2016) and has recently returned from the Rio Paralympics where seven of her swimmers competed successfully – one silver medal and six finalists.
- Jan has coached successfully in Australia, Canada, USA and New Zealand at all levels over a span of 47 years.
- formerly head coach for the swimming Australia Paralympic program at USC, now recently appointed by Swimming Australia as Paralympics Mentor Coach nation-wide.
- has been at two Paralympics and four Olympics as both team and Head Coach
- platinum coach status.
In light of the Government’s recent concerns over the vulnerability and safety of children around water, FAA is proud to…
Schedule of Fees
Term 3 2017
|NAME OF GROUP||COST PER WEEK||FREQUENCY||TIME
|STARFISH BRONZE (With Parent/carer in the water)||$16||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|STARFISH SILVER||$16||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|STARFISH GOLD||$16||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|DORY BRONZE||$16.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|DORY SILVER||$16.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|DORY GOLD||$16.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|TURTLES SILVER||$16.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|TURTLES GOLD||$16.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Indoor 15m|
|PENGUINS BRONZE & SILVER||$18.50||1 X WEEK||30 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
|PENGUINS GOLD||$20||Select 2
5 sessions available
|30 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
|IMPROVERS SILVER||$25||Select 2
6 sessions available
|60 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
($275 per Term)
7 sessions available
|60 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
|DOLHPINS||$350 per Term||Select 4-6
8 sessions available
|90 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
|FLINDERS FITNESS||$240 per term||3 X WEEK (Morning Sessions only)||60 MINS||Outdoor 25m|
Flinders Aquatic Academy proudly acknowledges the support from North Coast Foods